Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Girls Group Resources

Hi Everyone!!

I know that I have been commenting on summer in the last few blog posts....but I am really excited about it. In my last post, I talked about small group counseling and how vital it is to school counseling programs and for students!! In practicum, I had the pleasure of running a girls group with my supervisor and I loved it!! I loved it so much that I began to get resources together to use in the future. There are many books and websites out there that have many resources when helping girls with particular issues and in small groups! I have also included products in my TeachersPayTeachers store (some are available for FREE!)

Websites I recommend: 

The Ophelia Project: The Ophelia Project has a number of amazing resources for bullying support with girls! I frequent this website very often, and it has much information in for relational aggression in both boys and girls! There is information for schools, parents, and lessons and activities that you can use for individual and group lessons! This site is one of my favorites, and the resources cover relational aggression, cyberbullying, elementary/middle school friendship units, and more! You can check out their website HERE.

Girls, Inc: I love this website also!! This website inspires girls to be the best that they can be! There is information for parents on particular issues, and Girls Inc. programs designed to help other girls such as Friendly PEERsausian :) You can check out what this website has to offer HERE. The Website also includes a Girls Bill of Rights, which is awesome to use for group!

Books I Love! 

Bullying in the Girls World by Diane S. Senn: This book covers a number of topics pertinent to girls in school, and many individual, group, and resources for teachers and parents on the issue of relational/aggression and bullying! This book is about $28 on amazon, and a great investment!


The Girls Guide to Loving Yourself by Diane Jensen: I came across this one on amazon and got it for a GREAT price, (used for $5) and it has many great lessons for ways to deal with emotions, dating, friendship, and just being comfortable with yourself. Many of the topics in this book can be lessons by themselves!! 

I have also listed a few books that are on my wishlist:
  • G.I.R.L.S In Real Life Situations by Julia V. Taylor and Shannon Trice-Black 
  • Guiding Girls Toward Greatness by Melanie Martin 
  • I Hate Wendy Club: Lessons & Activities on Relational Aggression, grades 2-5
  • The Sandwich Swap

These are some of the resources that I own and plan to get in the near future! Many of the activities are great, and can be used over and over!! I have also created a few products that are available in my TeachersPayTeachers store!


The first one is my Self-Esteem Dice Game, that you can download for free HERE. This game includes a cut-and-fold dice with questions and statements in relation to self-esteem :)

My Girls Group Activity Pack  is also available for purchase and it includes activities on self-esteem, friendship, cyberbullying, gossip and rumors, popularity, and relating to others (a last session activity) by writing what you like about the other members! The I Like Myself Freebie is also available!!


The Relational Aggression Bingo Game is available as well as my "I am Special and Unique" Self-Esteem Freebie- Check them Out in my Store!!

I hope that this post was of use to you in building your resources!! I hope that everyone is enjoying the summer!! If the school year isn't quite over for you, you are almost there!!

Until Next Time,

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...